- SDS-PAGE (SDS), Agarose Gel Electrophoresis (AGE)
- SafeView Plus™ is a new and safe nucleic acid stain for the visualization of nucleic acids in agarose and polyacrylamide gels. This dye eliminates the need for toxic Ethidium Bromide (EtBr, a potent mutagen), commonly used in gel electrophoresis.
Blue Light Compatible
Sensitivity limit: 0.05-0.1 ng DNA per band
Easy to Use: SafeView Plus™ is a post-stain solution that replaces EtBr. Soak your gel and visualize as you would with EtBr staining. SafeView PlusTM can be used with UV or blue light and has a maximum emission at 525 nm.
Ultra-Sensitive: Detect as little as 0.05 - 0.1 ng of DNA per gel band.
Superior: EtBr is known to cause strand breaks and nicks in DNA. Using SafeView PlusTM minimizes such damage, yielding higher transformation rates and lower mutation rates verses EtBr. For even better cloning results use SafeView Plus™ with blue light.
- Application Notes
- Safe Detection of dsDNA, ssDNA and RNA in agarose and polyacrylamide gels. Both SafeView™ Classic and SafeView Plus™ will work with blue light.
1. Prepare staining solution by diluting SafeView Plus™ 1:5,000 - 1:10,000 in TE, TAE or TBE buffer.
2. After performing electrophoresis, place the dye-free gel in a plastic container and cover with the staining solution. Ensure the box is covered to protect the contents from light. Agitate gently and incubate at room temperature for 10 - 40 minutes.
3. No destaining is required - visualize results directly under UV light.
4. The staining solution may be resused up to 4 times. Keep stored at 4°C and protected from light. Do not store the solution in glass containers, as these surfaces adsorb the dye in the solution, reducing the staining efficacy
- For Research Use only
- Handling Advice
- Dispose of SafeView™ Plus as you would any other non-carcinogenic fluorescent dye (eg. Acridine orange, Propidium iodide).
- 4 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4°C for up to 2 years. Ships on blue ice.