- SDS-PAGE (SDS), Agarose Gel Electrophoresis (AGE)
- SafeView™ FireRed is a new and safe nucleic acid stain for the visualization of nucleic acids in agarose and polyacrylamide gels. This dye eliminates the need for toxic Ethidium Bromide (EtBr, a potent mutagen), commonly used in gel electrophoresis.
Not Blue Light Compatible
Sensitivity limit: 0.3-0.6 ng DNA per band
Easy to Use: SafeView™ FireRed directly replaces EtBr. View and document your results as you would with EtBr staining under UV light.
Sensitive: Detect as little as 0.3 - 0.6 ng of DNA per gel band.
Superior: EtBr is known to cause strand breaks and nicks in DNA. Using SafeView™ FireRed minimizes such damage, yielding higher transformation rates and lower mutation rates verses EtBr.
- Application Notes
- Safe Detection of dsDNA, ssDNA and RNA in agarose and polyacrylamide gels. All Safeview™ Classic, SafeView™ FireRed, and Safeview™ Plus will work with blue light.
1. Prepare a 100 ml agarose or polyacrylamide solution.
2. Add 5 μl SafeViewTM Classic / SafeViewTM FireRed to the gel solution.
3. Mix gently, the solution should have no air bubbles.
4. For agarose gel, let the solution cool down to 60-70°C and cast the gel. For polyacrylamide gel, add APS and TEMED and cast the gel according to regular polyacrylamide gel casting protocol.
5. Run gel electrophoresis with 5 μl SafeViewTM Classic / SafeViewTM FireRed per 100 ml buffer.
6. View the results under UV or blue LED light.
- For Research Use only
- Handling Advice
- Dispose SafeView™ FireRed as you would any other non-carcinogenic fluorescent dye (eg. Acridine orange, Propidium iodide).
- 4 °C
- Storage Comment
- Store at 4°C for up to 2 years. Ships on blue ice.