1. Prepare a 100 ml agarose or polyacrylamide solution.
2. Add 5 μl SafeViewTM Classic / SafeViewTM FireRed to the gel solution.
3. Mix gently, the solution should have no air bubbles.
4. For agarose gel, let the solution cool down to 60-70°C and cast the gel. For polyacrylamide gel, add APS and TEMED and cast the gel according to regular polyacrylamide gel casting protocol.
5. Run gel electrophoresis with 5 μl SafeViewTM Classic / SafeViewTM FireRed per 100 ml buffer.
6. View the results under UV or blue LED light.