Mbead Virus Genomic Nucleic Acid Kit (MBeads Based)
- DNA Extraction (DEx), RNA Extraction (REx)
- MBead Virus Genomic Nucleic Acid Kit was designed specifically for genomic DNA/RNA isolation from Virus samples.
- Sample Type
- Plasma, Serum
- This MBead Virus Nucleic acid Kit is designed specifically for the simultaneous virus DNA/RNA purification from the plasma, serum, body fluid or supernatant of virus-infected cell cultures. Its unique buffer system will efficiently lyse cells and degrade proteins, allowing for the nucleic acid to be easily bound by the surface of the magnetic beads. The other non-specific binding particles are removed with a wash buffer, and the nucleic acid is then released into the Release Buffer. The nucleic acid can be purified manually within 10~15 minutes (using most magnetic separators) or the kit can be easily adapted to satisfy most automated nucleic acid purification systems.
- Material not included
1.5 mL microcentrifuge tubes
Water bath / Dry bath
- Application Notes
- Sample: Up to 300 μL of the virus sample
- Operation time: Within 10~15 minutes
- Applications: Restriction Enzyme Digestion, Southern Blotting, PCR and qPCR assays
- Storage: Room temperature
- Assay Time
- 15 min
- Assay Procedure
Step 1 Lysis
- Transfer up to 300 μL of the virus sample into a 1.5 mL microcentrifuge tube and add 300 μL of the Lysis Buffer.
- Mix well and incubate at 65 °C for 5 minutes. During this time, pre-heat the Release Buffer to 65 °C for the Step 4.
- Add 300 μL of the absolute EtOH to the lysate and mix well.
- Add 20 μL of the Magnetic Beads. Mix well by gently shaking for 3 minutes.
- Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 30 seconds.
- Remove the solution (If the mixture becomes viscous, increase magnetic bead separtion time).
- Add 800 μL of the Wash Buffer and mix well (Following the wash, the mixture will no longer be viscous).
- Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 30 seconds. Remove the solution.
- Add 200 μL of the Release Buffer (pre-heated to 65 °C) and mix well.
- Incubate for 3 minutes at 65 °C (During the incubation, shake the tube vigorously every minute).
- Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 1 minute.
- Carefully transfer ONLY the clean portion of the solution to a clean tube.
- For Research Use only