1. Prepare a 100 ml agarose or polyacrylamide solution.
2. Mix gently without introducing any air bubbles.
3. For agarose gel, let the solution cool down to 60 - 70°C and cast the gel. For polyacrylamide gel, add APS and TEMED and cast the gel according to regular polyacrylamide gel casting protocol.
4. Mix samples and DNA marker with SafeViewTM dye at a 1:5 (dye : sample) dilution rate.
5. Following electrophoresis, view the results under UV.
Safe-GreenTM can also be visible under blue LED light.